Who do I call if there is an outage?
In case of an outage, call 765-362-1900. This line is answered 24 hours a day.
If you, or a family member, depend on special medical equipment and need assistance during a power outage, please call 911.
What are your office hours?
Lobby: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Drive thru: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Closed on the following Holidays:
- New Years Day – January 1, 2015
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 19, 2015
- Presidents Day – February 16, 2015
- Good Friday – April 3, 2015
- Memorial Day – May 25, 2015
- Independence Day – July 4, 2015
- Labor Day – September 7, 2015
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2015
- Thanksgiving Day – November 26, 2015
- Day after Thanksgiving Day – November 27, 2015
- Christmas Eve – December 24, 2015
- Christmas Day – December 25, 2015
- New Years Eve – December 31, 2015
When will I be billed?
Your monthly bill will be generated according to your service location.
When will the bill be due?
Your bill will be due in 17 days after the bill is generated.
How can I pay my bill?
- Online – ebiz.celp.com Sign in to your account to make secure payments, view account information and select paperless billings.
- By Phone – CEL&P employees are available 24 hours a day to take credit/debit card payments over the phone. Call 765-362-1900 or 1-877-896-2357.
- Lobby/Drive thru – Pay in the office with cash, check, money order, debit or credit card.
- Night Deposit Box – Place payments in the night deposit box at the CEL&P office or at the municipal building on Pike Street in Crawfordsville.
- Mail – Mail payments to PO Box 428, Crawfordsville, IN 47933-0428
- Bank Draft – Have your bill automatically debited from your checking account each month.
Crawfordsville Electric Light & Power accepts Cash, Check, Money Order, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
Will my service be disconnected if I don’t pay my bill?
CEL&P will mail a delinquent notice if the bill has not been paid by the due date stated on the original bill. The delinquent notice will include the penalty amount and disconnect date. If the bill has not been paid by the disconnect date, service will be terminated at the service address.
Customers needing financial assistance can contact local agencies for help.
One time each calendar year, CEL&P offers customers the ability to apply for an extension. The extension must be completed in the CEL&P lobby and 10% of the bill is due at that time in order to secure the extension. This gives the customer extra time to pay their past due balance.
If I have energy assistance can I still be disconnected?
The state provided moratorium period is from December 1 thru March 15 for each year. During this period, qualified energy assistance recipients are protected by the state moratorium guidelines prohibiting the utility from disconnecting services.
What if my bill is abnormally high?
Customers can request a second reading if they feel the meter reading was in error. Customers can also request to have their meter tested for accuracy once every 36 months at no charge. The request to have the meter tested must be in writing. If a subsequent meter test is required within the next 36 months, a fee may be charged.
How do I sign up for service?
Customers need to come to the CEL&P office at 808 Lafayette Road. You will need to present a valid government issued photo ID.
Will I be required to pay a security deposit?
To determine if a deposit is required, all customers will be subject to a credit check. If a deposit is necessary, payment must be received before service can be connected.
Will my security deposit be refunded?
If the account has no more than 1 late payment in a 12 month period, the security deposit will be applied to the next month’s bill. When customers transfer service within CEL&P territory, their deposit will be moved to the new account.
How do I disconnect my service?
All customers must come to the CEL&P office to sign a disconnect form.